At every meeting we strive for:
- An entertaining and fun evening.
- Guest speaker with a timely topic.
- New beekeeping developments.
- A hint of bee politics and question/answer time.
Beekeeping Equipment for members use.
- Uncapping knife.
- Honey extractor, may be rented for $5.00 per day. See Jacques Marc
- Honey grader.
- Hive bander and clips.
Mountain Bee Yard
- Secure bee yard on Island Timberlands (private) land. Rules apply, space limited. Extend your season and hopefully get tasty Fireweed honey.
- Field days, demonstrations, hands-on experience for new beekeepers.
- Annual Club picnic
- Fall Harvest/Christmas potluck dinner and Awards night.
- Beekeeper mentoring
- Cowichan Valley Exhibition; our premier showcase for all things beekeeping in Cowichan Valley.
- The Cowichan Beekeeper's has a large assortment of beekeeping books. On loan to members.
- Club newsletter
Medications and Advice
- Available at the Thursday night meetings
- Apistan $2.50 a strip.
- Fumidil $1.50 teaspoon.
- Terramycin 10 free teaspoons.